Saturday, November 17, 2018

Same blog page, entirely new focus


Same blog page, entirely new focus.

It’s been quite a while since I’ve been active blogging here and it’s time to get back at it. I’ve been pretty busy with Paddle Monster, my own training and racing, and everything else going on in life and at times it’s been a little overwhelming. Sure, I’ve been able to carve out the time available to blog here, but I’ll admit to enjoying a little downtime doing not much of anything instead. Everyone needs to take a break and spend time decompressing every once in a while, and I’m no different, but I feel refreshed and motivated to get this blog going again so I’m back. I hope you follow along and enjoy it.

With Paddle Monster being the focus of most of my technical writing about paddling, technique, training and racing the nature of this blog is going to change a little. Posts won’t be quite as technical and it will be more about sharing my experiences than my knowledge. If you’ve come to expect that from this blog I encourage you to go to Paddle Monster and sign up for a simple basic membership where you’ll get all my technical writing as well as that from the other coaches – Travis Grant, Seychelle and Chris Chapman. We’ve created a virtual encyclopedia for paddling training and racing and continue to add to it regularly. If paddling is your thing and you’ve got a thirst for knowledge it’s a great deal for $10/month.

What will you find here? Hopefully this will turn into a series of more frequent, shorter, less technical posts that share my experiences and philosophies on training and racing, my opinion on some of the sport related issues we see in the news, and my thoughts on a variety of topics related to health and wellness and human performance. It’s free and it won’t take a huge investment in time to read each new post so hopefully you’ll join me and follow along.

Larry